Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Naperville Quilts! 2013

My sister Geri and I had a luncheon date in the Naperville area on May 11 so we headed over the the Riverwalk Quilters Guild first quilt show, Naperville Quilts! 2013.DSC05923

Blue Underground Studios was the featured artists!   Their quilts are wonderfully colorful and simple.   Well, some of them are simple, I don’t know about that one on the right in the photo below but I did buy two of their books so I’ll find out!DSC05926

My sister and I studied each quilt closely to see if we could figure out the pattern, we did a pretty good job figuring it out on most of them.DSC05927

Blue Underground had a wonderful booth with lots of patterns, books, and fabrics for sale.   There had to be over 50 of their quilts on display.DSC05935

We were especially excited to see that they sell SILK in colorful kits!   Wow!DSC05938

DSC05942DSC05947

There is a lot of talent in the Riverwalk Quilters Guild, the show was a good one.

DSC05955DSC05956DSC05959DSC05966

Geri and I were impressed with these men’s ties quilts.  Loved the detail of the borders.  Look at that polka dot!

DSC05968DSC05971DSC05972DSC05979

I could not even comprehend making the quilt below with all those teeny tiny squares, great job of putting it together, imagine all those seams!

DSC05986DSC05988

There was plenty of wool on display which made me happy.  Love that wool.

DSC05991DSC05992DSC05989DSC05996DSC05997

Talented Ute Murrin had several pieces on display also.

DSC06000DSC06003DSC06005

Loved seeing a Sue Spargo pattern finished and up close.

DSC06008

I purchase my first layer cake, my first jelly roll, and a charm pack!   We studied the quilt below which used all of those elements in it’s design.  I may need to pick up a few more charm packs.  I purchased the Moda fabrics from Robert’s Sewing Center, www.robertssewingcenter.com,   which is a favorite shop so no worries about getting extra fabric from the line called Winters Lane.

DSC06019

DSC06118

We thought it was a nice show even though we had to hurry through it to get to our luncheon, it was worth going.

DSC06023

 

The quilt below was striking, the photo doesn’t do it justice.  I can’t even imagine how it was done.

DSC06024DSC06025

 

Thought this tee shirt quilt’s sashing was wonderful.

DSC06029

 

Colorful Kaffe Fassett stripes used to give the illusion of intricate piecing.  Love it!DSC06035

I took the following photo for my sister Mary, she loves cardinals.

DSC06038

 

DSC06039

My sister Geri and my friend Gail made the following quilt pattern in a different color, it was interesting to see it in these colors.

DSC06043

I love scrappy quilts made from different sized squares and rectangles.

DSC06045

Small but powerful!   Love the colors!

DSC06047

 

My sister and I put our names in several of the baskets, no one called us so I guess we didn’t win.  They had some great items in those baskets.

DSC06049

 

The raffle quilt was quite impressive.

DSC05924

But I think I was even more blown away by the miniature quilt made of the raffle quilt pattern!

DSC05925

We had to hurry off too soon, would have loved to linger for a couple of hours!   Great show for a first effort by the Riverwalk Quilters Guild of Naperville.

DSC06052

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a great show. Looks like you brought home some pretty fabric.