Monday, July 07, 2008

Liberated ABC's

"Cherry Delight" are my first Liberated Letters! I learned to make them by printing off Tonya's Tutorials. I had seen her letters a year ago on her blog and thought they were so cute but also thought they were too time consuming and complicated!
How Wrong Was I!!!"Cherry Delight" is going to go around the basket quilt I made in Gwen's_Liberated Basket class. I'm going to add more words, haven't thought of what yet.
I couldn't wait any longer to show you what I've been doing!!

The letters are so easy to make that I've been making a couple each night after work when I don't usually have time to sew. I'm not happy with a couple of the letters but that's ok, I put them in anyway.....they are my first letters, there's lots of room for growth!
Close Up.

Here is my second set of letters, "We Wonder What You Do". I know in the photo they look hard to read, but in person it's much better. I'm going to make a lot more words going all the way around the quilt...I think I will add the things that I do do!

Close Up if a block from Gwen's_Liberated_Logs_Class.

I was caulking the nail holes around the trim on our windows and porch when I stopped to take these photos. mmmm... I could add the word "caulk" couldn't I?

8 comments:

Clare said...

Fantastic letters - aren't they fun to do?

scarlett said...

Thank you so much for sharing such great photos, especially from Gwen's class. I just finished reading "Liberated Quiltmaking" and loved it.

I was studying "cherry delight" and couldn't figure out which two letters weren't your favorite! They are wonderful.

Bonnie said...

More words.......blog, quilt, stitch, shop, laugh, and decorate. If you actually put all the things you do do on that quilt you would have endless borders!

kimberlym said...

your letters are wonderful!

Kristin Shields said...

Great quilts! I especially love the cherry baskets!

Maureen and P.D. the Pet Dog said...

Oh! The letters are addicting and so much fun! I have already made a long list of WORDS I want to make! Thank you for cheering me on!

Tonya Ricucci said...

fantastic, Maureen. I love to look at my halloween houses quilt and see THE very first letters I made, exactly as I made them. so pleased you included yours too. But I'm with Scarlett, sure couldn't figure out which ones you could be unhappy with.

great job on both quilts. big pats on the back for you.

Diane said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!