Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Mix Of Happiness

All things that have made me happy recently.
Playing with Fabric!!
*
I'm starting on a Halloween quilt and as I'm still a student of Tonya's Liberated Letters I'm trying out values before I cut & sew. Which do you think looks better? Orange on Black, or Black on Orange?

Two trips to the thrift shop produced two tiny items!I wonder now that I've put them together in my home maybe they were originally together?
The spinning wheel was handmade in Switzerland and is in working condition.
Max! The Sausage Dog! Don't you just want to snuggle with this fat guy! He makes the most funniest sounds with his nose!




A New Drive Way!

5 comments:

MJinMichigan said...

I like both Halloween blocks but think the orange on black is easier to read.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wheee, loads of fun. I find the black on orange much easier, but it's interesting to see that MJ goes the exact opposite. If you're really worried about it being legible, maybe throw in some near solids...

Sharon said...

You got some lovely old pieces there - I wonder if they were together originally?? Do you spin?

I like both ways for your letters, but I find the black on the orange a little easier to read. Just my opinion, of course. Maybe a smaller print in the fabric would be easier to read??

Clare said...

Gorgeous chair.

Black on orange I think and I agreee with Tonya about the solids. A bit easier on the eye.

Bonnie said...

Well, I was going to say that I liked the organge letters on the black background, but I will have to agree with Tonya that maybe some solid fabric would make them easier to read.
You find the best stuff! That chair is beautiful.