I like to make doggie treats for three reasons. One is because I like to bake. Two is because P.D. enjoys treats and sharing them with her doggie friends. Three is because I won't eat them like I would gobble up human cookies.
The recipe consistes of low fat peanut butter, 2 percent milk, whole wheat flour, regular flour and baking powder. It's easy to roll out and easy to cut out the doggy bone shape.
The hardest part was finding a pan big enough to hold all the cookies. I bought a throw away type of aluminum pan at the grocery store, I don't think it's meant to be a cookie sheet and it's flimsy but it works for what I need it for.
P.D. likes to help....Notice the flour on her nose.
I bake the doggie cookies on our grill. 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn off the burners and leave it for two hours with the lid closed. I then leave them on my kitchen counter to dry further over night.
P.D. waiting patiently while the cookies dry.(note: photo was staged, I keep the lid closed. Arf!)
1 comment:
too adorable...what a sweet mama you are to bake cookies for PD
Post a Comment