Saturday, August 01, 2009

Quilting Friends

I go on quite a few trips with my quilting friends. My friend Gail or I usually write up a story about the fun we had on each trip...Gail has complied all of these stories into one book for each of us...a total of 91 trips the past 15 years, and the doesn't include sisters trips!
(you can click on some of the photos for a closer look, use the back button to come back to the blog.)

We made Flatties of ourselves (more than once) and had a great time in Door County in 2007.


In Oct of 2008, at the WWII Memorial in Washington DC we ran into Sentor Bob Dole.

During that same trip we took a tour of the White House, the Capital Building, the DAR Museum, and stopped at 12 quilts shops along the route, including Jenny Beyer's studio.


I belong to a great group of quilters called BAQS (Big Ass Quilt Society, because we make big ass quilts!) We go on retreat twice a year to finish our UFO's, have been going for the past 10 or so years. We look forward to this retreat all year long, 4 days of non-stop sewing!



NSQG is my local guild, in 2005 I was Featured Artist, it was an honor to be chosen. I'm still pinching myself that this wonderful thing happened to me.

My bee group is called LMNOPQ Bee, Ladies Monday Night Out for Piecing and Quilting. We've been together over 20 years, our show n tell is awesome and inspiring.



A couple of years ago my friends, sisters, and I headed for downtown Chicago to see Wicked. What a wonderful day spent in the city with my friends.


One very cold February weekend we rented a house in Galena where we sewed and beaded for days on end. Above we are eating at a restaurant in Galena.


Above is another group shot of my fellow quilters who attend the BAQS retreat, this photo is from a while back when we kept our group down to a dozen or so, the group has now grown to over 24 quilters!


My friend Rosemary was chosen Featured Artist at my guild Heriage Quilters of South Suburbia, I think this was in 2003. Rosemary is a master at applique. Her color choices are awe inspiring.

Recently my friend Carol came in from Florida for a visit so some of us from my LMNOPQ Bee went out for dinner. It was great getting caught up with each other. Carol hosted a retreat at her summer home in northern Wisconsin this past week, unfortunately I wasn't able to go, am looking forward to seeing everyone's completed projects at our next bee meeting.
I'm so lucky to be inspired by so many great friends and quilters!


No comments: