Monday, August 03, 2009

Enjoying Our Sunday Afternoon

Sunday afternoons are wonderful around our house. The weather this summer has been perfect so there's been a lot of front porch sewing. P.D. is not left inside like the picture above shows, she just looked so cute watching the neighborhood from the screen door that I ran out to take picture of her.


The flagstone is settling nicely. It's gold and the quartz in it sparkles.




Sitting on my front porch while sewing is one of the most relaxing things I do all weekend. P.D. and hubby usually sit with me too, just for a couple of hours until the sun comes onto the porch near dinner time. When the sun appears it's time for dinner, but after dinner the sun leaves the porch so we can enjoy more time just watching the world go by from our front porch.



I'm getting ready to enter 15 quilted items in an upcoming show. Am busy adding final stitches and lables. Some of the quilts I'm entering are big....I know...hard to believe...I'll show them later...when they're ready to be photographed.


Hubby has been faithfully watering the grass seed on either side of the new sidewalk, it's coming in nicely.


On Monday it will be back to our long commute...all of our routes are under construction at this time so the commute has doubled....lots of sewing time for me. Hubby is so very patient while driving us to and from work. Aren't I lucky he's so wonderful!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yes, you are lucky he is so wonderful and had a fabulous Sunday to share with him. :o)

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a lovely home. And such an array of projects