The braided rug was made by my hubby's Great-Aunt Sue. We have quite a few things that belonged to her and Great-Uncle Tony, each item is a treasure. The Bear Piggy Bank was made by hubby's mom many years ago in ceramic class, also a treasure. The Hope Chest they are sitting on belonged to my mother. I feel we're very lucky to have received these family treasures since hubby and I are both 5th born in our families.
Hubby is tall and our bedroom is small so therefore we don't have a headboard. Our bed is against an outside wall which can be quite cold during the winter months so I decided to make a quilted headboard. As you can see from the photo the wall is slanted so I couldn't hang a quilt. Hubby came up with the idea to cover a piece of foam board with a quilted pillow case.I'd taken a Diane Gaudynski class on how to draw feathers several years ago. That piece of fabric with it's feathers drawn on it by me so many years ago seemed like the perfect center piece for my headboard. It was as much fun quilting it as I thought it would be.
You can click on the photo to make it bigger,
use your back button to come back to the blog.

Log Cabin blocks surrounded the center feather block.



1 comment:
Great job on the headboard. Your quilting is fantastic. And I love that little octagon window.
What color will you eventually paint the room?
Post a Comment