Great minds think alike!
I took these photos a couple of weeks ago so I could post my Wear Warm Clothes quilt. The other day I checked out my friend Bonnie's blog where she had posted her Wear Warm Clothes!
This was the first Block Of The Month I made, even before Block of The Month was a quilter's term. In October of 1994, my friends and I were going to go visit Country Threads in Iowa. We all had Country Threads' book with the pattern Wear Warm Clothes, so I gave each of us a challenge to make this quilt, one block a month. Quite a few of us made it!
Below is a rather poor quality photo of some of us in Garner Iowa in 1994, showing off our Wear Warm Clothes to Mary and Connie, the owners of County Threads Quilt Shop.

I changed the cat in the pattern to a yellow lab with a floppy ear.




In Country Thread's book there was a line drawing of the finished quilt so I traced it and used it as my label.
If you haven't been to Garner Iowa to visit Country Threads, you have to make plans to go!I've been there three times, have my quilts quilted by them, have made many quilts from their patterns, and can call Mary and Connie my friends.
2 comments:
It is so much fun to see your quilt again. It was the inspiration for mine and turned out to be one of my most favorite quilts.
The picture of all of you at Country Threads is great. I bet Connie and Mary were thrilled to see all those quilts from their pattern.
I love your Wear Warm Clothes quilt. Bonnie's is one of my favorites and so is yours too.
What a neat idea for the label.
BrendaS
Post a Comment