The weather in August certainly wasn't summer vacation weather but that was ok, we enjoyed our vacation just the same.
P.D. came with us on almost all excursions, it was ok to leave her in the truck on the cold sunless days if we went inside a restaurant or store.
She also loved walking the deserted beaches with us.
Hubby took the following picture of me goofing around, we'd just had ice cream at Wilson's, one of the summer hot spots in Door County. The wind was fierce, the rain was pelting, so I just had to pretend I was being blown away! It sure felt like it!
The Farmer's Market in Sturgeon Bay is one our favorite places to people watch on Saturday mornings....to dog watch too. We didn't think there'd be anybody there much less any booths set up, but it was crowded and wonderful as always. I headed right for the mitten booth! Purchased these cute mitten because they were cute, but mostly because they were warm!
Another benefit of cold rainy weather on vacation is that I didn't feel guilty about sewing! P.D. gave me her valued opinion of course!

I hand sewed a couple of SPOOKY woolies while on vacation too. I gave one to my friend Rosemary for her birthday, the other was sold at my guild's auction.
(More about the auction later.)


No comments:
Post a Comment