The Steel Bridge in Door County is one of the attractions in Downtown Sturgeon Bay. It was on the verge of being torn down but a group came together and saved it. It is now being rebuilt. It's bridge decks are always in the up position these days.
(notice we did have sunny skies one day.)

Below is a photo I took as we walked toward the bridge.

Hubby is inspecting the work on the bridge. I've read that the ironwork that's being done is basically a dying art.

Below I'm standing at the bridge and looking back. Yes, that is downtown Sturgeon Bay in the year 2009! Of course when we walked it I pretended it was 1890. The ground is sand, I can't imagine how they were able to ride horses and buggies and walk. The dust and mud must have been awful.


Perry's Cherry Diner is right in the middle of the block. I love this place! It's so nostolgic (1950's) and has the best milk shakes and delicious egg salad sandwiches, so of course we went in. If you're in Door County please stop by for a bite, they really need patrons during this construction.

No comments:
Post a Comment